Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snow Bugs


After voting my choice for our next president, I decided to try the xc skiis out. Temperatures were into the fifties, with bright sun. Lovely spring-like conditions. I noticed many, many insects on the snow surface; spiders, a cricket, and this little creature. He measured no more that probably one centimeter long. What will become of these early risers?

I decided shortly into my adventure that I really don't like the skiis for exploring. My boots offer zero ankle support, and I had very little control of the skiis on the downhills. The snow was wet, and slushy in spots. I stuck to the snowmobile trails of the Hooper Hill Hopper snowmobile club. I'm afraid that the trails will be mostly mud after the next two days of forecasted rain. At times during my walk, I felt blasts of seemingly tropical warmth. I loved it.

The sunset this evening was a spectacular orangey/pink. The perfect ending to a perfect day.
If you haven't voted....you have ten minutes!!! Hurry

No comments: