Thursday, August 28, 2008

How Creepy is This?



I decided to take a ride up to an old quarry I know of in Surry. I haven't ridden up there for a while, so I wanted to see if there had been more junk thrown in there. Everything has been thrown in this quarry, refrigerators, cars, plastic snowmen. Today though, I found a grisly sight.
A carcass. This carcass was large, and I'm guessing it is a deer. How the deer found its way into the quarry? Maybe it ran off the top edge which is about 20' off the water. Maybe someone tossed it? Dunno. I stood at the top edge just above this thing floating below. The smell was nasty, even from so far away. So Hal, no I wasn't going to get real close up to check it out. What if I fell in? Yuuuuuucccccck I don't have a problem with dead things, and trauma, but the smell tends to linger in ones nostrils for hours after the initial sniff. I did find this sight interesting. Things like this always make me ask myself, "What happened here?". It would be neat to just press the rewind button and see exactly what did occur.

The second picture is the same quarry from a more pleasant angle. I have no idea how deep this place is, or what many things lie at the bottom. I thought it would be cool to drain the whole thing, check out the debris, then haul it all away. This quarry could be a lovely place, at the moment though.....not so much.

No comments: