Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just Hangin out with Ev


This photo is of course me and my BFF Evvy.  I have a camera built in to my Mac, so it's really easy to take self-portraits. I can also change the color, or make pictures look like drawings, or Monet paintings!

Yesterday Ev and I went for a long hike with my sister, Kim, and her BFF, Ringo.  We walked from Stoddard to Granite Lake through the woods.  The snow was nicely packed by snowmobiles, on a trail barely used by them.  Kim saw and owl float through the trees.  I missed it, but found some Moose tracks that were badly melted.  No more recent activity.  No flocks of Turkey, but three or four together(judging from tracks).  The weather was perfect, and we never had to put on our snowshoes.  It took us about two hours to walk over Twin Hill to the old girl's camp on Granite Lake.  Kim is practicing up for a "hut to hut" backpack trip later this spring.  I'm happy to take her on all the trails I know....and that's quite a few.

No comments: