Thursday, November 06, 2008

Where did October Go?


I can not believe it has been over a month since my last post!  Yikes!  Alot has bappened since then, and I guess I got caught up in the busy-ness of it.  I gave up my job as a Loss Prevention Manager - just not for me.  I'm back at the Humane Society surrounded by my furry friends.   The quality of life with animals far surpasses that of the grocery world.  

When I awoke yesterday to hear the news of our new president, I felt the hopeful energy of the entire United States.  On so many levels, Obama's victory is a victory for every person in this nation.  I'm looking forward to the future of the USA.   I think this hope is shared with so many people. 

I've been hiking almost every weekend, albeit short 1-2  hour hikes.  I enjoyed revisiting one of my favorite steep hikes in Hancock, Bald(or Ball?) Mtn.  The view is pictured  above.   On that afternoon, bright sunshine and a light breeze made the afternoon perfect.   I passed several hikers also taking advantage of the fall warmth.   

The following weekend, I ventured over to Bald Mtn. in Marlow, a.k.a. the "Marlow Profile".   This hike also had a steep section with large rock faces.  There were people scaling the face with ropes, and caribiners.   It looked like alot of fun.  I haven't done any rock climbing since college, but as I recall, really neat.   The view from the top of Bald Mtn. is not as breathtaking as Hancock, nevertheless a lovely view especially in fall.  Unfortunately I did not get pictures because my camera batter was 10-2!   I will go back up there again before year's end and properly photograph the area for you.

No comments: