Saturday, January 31, 2009

Where to?


A fresh dusting of snow last night created a sparkling surface.  The sun is shining bright, but it seems even brighter with such a vast blanket of white.  I can't help but stand out in the middle and look all around.  Evvy was oblivious, running, and digging down to the grass beneath, looking for who knows what?  

No snowmobiles out yet this morning, so once again a freshly groomed trail awaits.  Most of my walk was not on the snowmobile trail.  Breaking trail after a good snowfall is a good workout, so today was no disappointment.  I found a dead spider on the snow!  
I'm always looking for the small details in things even in the snow.  I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Spring Tails.  Those little bugs have "spring tails" hence their name.  They come out later in winter as the days get longer and warmer.  They tell me that spring isn't far away.
Later next month maple sugaring begins again, can't wait for some sugar on snow.

No comments: