Friday, September 04, 2009

Fall Begins



I've been busy getting ready for winter around here.  Replacing clapboards, scraping and painting the house.  I've recaulked the shower, fixed ceiling tiles, and building a dog house for Evvy.  The mornings have become more crisp which is refreshing.  Still I have hoped for a longer summer. The next several days promise to be great for Labor Day weekend, so I'll make the most of it.

Evvy and I continue to take our long walks in the morning.  I caught this great picture of a small
pond nearby.  It was about 7:30 a.m. I think.  Evvy waded among the reeds eating grass, and avoiding the bloodsuckers.  I sucked the marrow out of the moment, so peaceful.

This morning we took a walk along the boundary of the Faulkner Conservation area.  I saw some flourescent pink surveyors tape marking a trail.  Being the super sleuth I am, sort of, I decided to see what lay at the end of the trail.  I thought for sure I'd find a grow of marijuana.  I'd tell the local Drug Task Force, it'd be great!  Instead, but thankfully, I found a stand of Blackberry bushes just dripping with fruit.  So as Evvy continued to explore, I filled my fanny pack with berries.  I think the area had been visited by others, animal and human alike, as many berries had already been picked.   I will enjoy the fruit I did manage to pick, maybe in a muffin, or on my cereal.  Or, maybe I'll freeze them and remember summer in the middle of winter.

No comments: