Saturday, September 26, 2009

September is Leaving



At long last I got a chance to take a long walk through fields and woods near my house.  I have been so busy learning how to be a Clinical Medical Assistant, I've scarcely had time for anything else.  But this morning, Evvy and I set out on our four mile loop which takes us up over Sheep Hill, around it's western side and back to County Rd. via Galloways cornfields.  The hunters were out in their tree stands.  I thought if they were waiting for deer, they'd wait quite a while.  I've seen only one set of deer tracks in that area.  On the other hand, if the hunter was looking for Turkey's he'd be in luck.  The Turkeys were/are there, in small number.  Deer have much to feast on this year with a bumper crop of acorns, and apples.  So they can go wherever they want, whenever they want.  It might make them harder to find. 

Anyway, there had been a frost during the night and a fog had settled in.  What a sight looking over toward Derry Hill.  The foliage color is beginning to pop, there's a crispness in the air.  "Ranice" a Jersey from the Crescent Farm, said she loves the cooler weather.  It's  hard to tell from the look on her face.  

No comments: