Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Moose

Yesterday I was completely blessed to see a young bull moose like this one(courtesy of vividlight.com. I wouldn't have known he was standing outside my kitchen door, except Evvy was going out of her mind. Evvy saw, or heard, or smelled the moose, then went nuts.....more so than usual. So, I looked out my bedroom window and down to the small space between the house and my shed. There he was. I was amazed. He stood there, presumably listening to Evvy barking next to me. After pausing, he ambled down my driveway, and into the road.
And what is with moose standing in the road? It's like they have a death wish. Anyway, there was no traffic at the moment. I attempted to take a picture of him from my livingroom window. But the flash on my camera was "on". The flash reflected back, at me. I haven't uploaded the photo yet. I suspect the picture is less than noteworthy. In any case, the moose finally jumped the short stone wall across the road. He walked right up the steeped part of the hill, and into the fog. One other lucky person saw the moose. A lone vehicle eastbound on the road stopped to watch. I thought, I am so thankful to continue having such great wildlife sightings lately.

No comments: