Monday, November 02, 2009

Is This Your Cat?



This beautiful cat has been living under my shed for the last several days. She rarely if ever comes out. I first saw her while walking on Derry Hill Rd. with Evvy. The next thing I know, she's under my shed. I live a short walk from Derry Hill, but I have no idea why she chose my shed, over more plush accomodations at my neighbor's hay barn. After days of feeding her, and listening to her try her best to be ferocious(I rarely buy this attitude from cats). She approached a bowl of food, half purring, half yowling. It was kind of comical actually. Today, she finally allowed me to pat her, purring loudly. Still she won't venture more than a couple feet from the shed. ANY strange noise sends her back under.

Yesterday I put a wool blanket under the shed as it was freezing last night. She loved it, and I find her there every time I check on her. As you can see she has lovely soft long fur. She is so thin from being on her own for who know's how long. Her face has more orange hues than you can see in the photo. Her coat is still in great condition, though she does have fleas. I was able to get a quick look at some of her teeth, and she appears to be a young adult, no tartar or missing teeth. Just a great looking cat. I have made up some posters with her photos on it. I'm going to post one on the bulletin board at Burdicks and Agway. Someone must be missing this cat. And I really hope that someone did not just drop her along the road because they couldn't afford her. I have three cats of my own, so I'm not in the market for four at this point. I wouldn't dream of abandoning the girls I have.

No comments: