Monday, April 05, 2010

Easter Morn


Easter morning I took Evvy out for a 4 mile, jog/walk along Whipple Hill Rd, to the old Rapids Rd. and finally down to the cornfields west of my house.  These roads are used by snowmobiles in winter, and occasionally a 4 x 4 sneaks on the cornfield.  In fact, there is an abandoned pickup truck next to the cornfield.  That truck has been out there since last fall.

I am finding that jogging, or brisk walking has helped me to lose ten pounds!  So I'll keep it up as long as the knees cooperate.  We were nearing the end of the jog portion, when we stopped at the brook that bisects the cornfields.  There is a small bridge, and a neat little pebble beach.
Evvy jumped right into the brook, while knelt down in mindful gratitude.  I thanked God for all that I had been given, to include the beautiful day.  I made some requests, which we can never know for sure the response.  I like to ask for a sign, just in case.  So I did.  I collected Evvy and we made our way back to County Rd.  I spotted this little clump of yellow flowers.  There were NO other flowers anywhere.  That was my sign, and Easter began jubilantly.

No comments: