Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hunkered

15” at my house, my big snowblower can barely move the heavy wet snow.  So I’ll wait awhile and try again.  No matter, I’m not going anywhere.  If I do, it’ll be on my snowshoes.  Evvy has already been out loving every minute of playing in the snow.  Thankfully, I had power all night long.  Good thing because my generator just will not work.  Something dreadfully wrong in the carbuerator.

10/29/11 record snowfallSo here is the “snowfish” late last night.

DSC_0063This morning, the snow fish looks more like a manatee, can you see it?

MerleHere is Merle all hunkered down in my jacket.  At 17 yrs. young, Merle is quite spry, and holds her own against the other two cats.  In fact, they pretty much leave her alone.  Casey the cat to the right, can often be seen licking Merle’s head. 

As soon as I’m adequately caffeinated, I’m going to grab the snowshoes for a romp in the woods.  I’ll check the game camera, but I’m certain the deer are holed up somewhere waiting to the snow to melt alittle more.  What a crazy weather event, but beautiful nevertheless.

No comments: