Saturday, April 07, 2012

Taking the "Otter" Road

Last night, late, I was on my way home from Stoddard.  I had taken the back roads through Gilsum, and Surry.  There in my headlights, a beautiful creature, I'd not seen for years.  Very handsome, as his undulating bounce brought him closer.  I stopped the truck, as he was right beside the truck.  I got a great chance to see this Otter up close.  I gazed at him, and he at me.  I told him we was a very beautiful creature.  Indeed, he was dry, which made his coat most magnificent.   He quickly scampered down the bank, into a small stream.

I had originally taken the Joslin Rd., only to find it closed due to bridge construction.  I am so thankful, that this detour brought me to the next road, and the opportunity to see the Otter.

3 comments:

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

Nice!!!

Long Ridge Deer Camp said...

Mary, did you take this picture?

Natural Eye Artistry said...

No Jack, I didn't take the picture. But he looked just like this one.