Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fine Finish to an Early Spring Day


Despite the forecast for rain, the day remained dry.   However, my day started out with a cold shower!  My ancient water heater finally gave up the ghost.  I'm wondering if this is payback, for buying my awesome new camera.  My motorcycle has been stuck in the mud outside the shed, for two days now.  I had left it out one night.  The next day, the motorcycle sunk up to the rims.  I couldn't budge it.  So my sister and family came up today to help, easily pushing the bike back into the shed.   
 
I worked a late shift last night as a security guard at Cheshire Medical Center, until 2:30 a.m.  I haven't worked a night shift for a while.  It had been a lonely slow night walking the deserted hallways, and dark offices.  Then around 10:30 p.m.  the intoxicated people started arriving in various states of inebriation.  They rolled in right up until I went off shift.  All decidedly remorseful for their overindulgence.  The facial expressions are universal, a blank stare at anything. The occasional switch, or jolt, trying not to puke.  Some had trash bags around their necks like giant bibs.  If they let fly, none of the mess got on their clothes, it all went into the bag...ingenious.

Funny, watching people wheeled in with trashbags around their necks, made me think of big kids getting ready to be fed in a giant high chair.  These big kids were just as vulnerable and needy as babies.  It was both amusing, and disgusting at the same time.  What was most disturbing was to see a teenager come in, maybe more intoxicated than any who had arrived.
He had lost control of "both ends" stinking up the whole ECC.  I wondered what the future held for this person.

Anyhooo, this evening I took Evvy up on Watkins Hill where the cows will soon be grazing. Evvy dashed all around the pastural hill, stopping often to sniff the aged cow flops.  As we walked back home, I was awestruck by the brilliant colors of a gorgeous sunset.  The photo I took is looking west, obviously down County Rd.

No comments: