Thursday, June 07, 2007

Americade/Lake George NY


Another first for me. I rode my motorcycle to Lake George, NY for Americade. I had heard about what a great event Americade is, so I was curious. I rode up with seven tall guys, not one under six feet! I felt like a midget. I'm proud to say that I had quite a few compliments on my unusual BMW, a 2002 F650CS. After this year, no more will be built! I love mine, just enough pep and ginger to give the adrenaline rush. I stop just short of getting myself into trouble. How we all escaped speeding tickets yesterday I'll never know. I estimate that we did over 260 miles round trip. My ride was very comfortable, not something I could have done on my old 2000 Harley 883 Hugger.

I'm quite certain that to really appreciate Americade, one should go up for 2-3 days and get involved with the daily rides, sightseeing, and evening festivities. We barely scratched the surface walking through the vendor areas, and spending money we didn't have. I was amused watching "the boys" buying, and buying, each one seemed to need to try and outbuy the other. I didn't escape the buying frenzy. For me practicality ruled my purchase, not testosterone. A bought a great, Nolan helmet. My melon never felt more secure than in that brain bucket. The others bought boots, jackets, helmets, cargo nets, and even hard bags for their bikes. The hard bags were installed right there! I saw some lights I really liked but they didn't have the package available for installation right there. My headlight is very dim, and small so I want to install additional running lights for better visibility.

The photo is Ticonderoga Ferry, crossing Lake Champlain to Vermont. We had the little ferry boat all to ourselves.

FYI Still no sign of Izzy. I received a call from the local PD while I was in NY. They had found a black and tan dog with a green collar. Unfortunately the dog was a male. I fear the worst has become of Iz.

No comments: