Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bike Week- Laconia




Yesterday was the perfect day to ride up to Laconia for a taste of the biker lifestyle, and mentality. Sunny, and in the 80's. For just a few hours, you can be whoever you want to be, with no inhibitions. I thought I had seen it all, but every time I go up there, I see something new. I rolled into Tilton, and up to a traffic light. There were several bikes ahead of me. I rolled up next to the last bike. It was my neighbor, Scott! Yikes! What are the chances? So he invited me to ride the rest of the way with his friends. We parked for free at his aunt's house, which is a short walk from the Weirs! Perfect. We all stuck together for a while, to the Roadhouse. Had a couple beers, and listened to a great band. I did some serious people watching. Man! There were cop biker clubs, the "....pigs", the "Road Dawgs", the Red Knights(fireguys). You name it, they were there, even the Hells Angels had a booth set up.
There was a woman(in the photo) serving beer, and making a living, wearing a full body fishnet stocking! I'll tell you what, she had guys ogling all over her. They were putting dollar bills in her "net". It was comical to watch these men. There were women selling "opportunities" to be photographed. Yes sir, have your picture taken with "a girl" for $10. People were paying! I was astounded. How can guys be so primitive? It was a non-stop laugh riot being up there. Paintbrushed flying skulls, crosses, naughty, no raunchy t-shirts, patches to sew on your new leather vest. I even saw a chopper made to look like a naked woman, with a man riding her....I mean "it", from behind. I did a double-take on that one. I heard someone say, "did you get a picture of that Honey?". Another LOL moment.

So after I'd had enough people watching, ice cream eating, my two beers, and being a biker for a day, I rode happily along.
In total, 212 miles on my little beemer. I didn't see another bike like mine. Many, many Harleys, rice rockets, and a few English bikes, but no F 650 CS. After going up there and back, I have a feeling of accomplishment at having dared to ride into the mix as a woman, alone. Just goes to show that you CAN, if you think you can.

I was home by 8:30 p.m. A lovely day.

No comments: