Friday, June 22, 2007

Some Beach


In stark contrast to today, yesterday was a spectacular day for the beach. I rode my motorcycle over to Hampton. Though not my first choice of beaches, it was the first beach I arrived at. I would prefer Ogunquit, Me. or Caladesi Island, FL. Those are my favorites so far. Hampton Beach was a flurry of activity as it usually is during the summer. I happened upon a sand sculpture contest. I was amazed at the detail in the sculptures.

I rolled out my grass mat, amidst a sea of people....another reason I don't usually go to Hampton. I walked down to the water, and was pleasantly surprised that the temperature wasn't numbing. Very close, however. There were people swimming, but most were waist deep. I spent about an hour and a half soaking up the sun, then I decided it was time to head back. To the west, the cumulonimbus clouds were building and I feared that I'd run into rain. I road Rte 27 all the way back to Concord, then Rte 9 into Keene, and home. I did hit rain intermittently, and I was wishing I'd worn my full face helmet instead of the little "brain bucket" I had on. As the rain hit my sunburned face, it felt like I was getting sandblasted. I wondered if my face would show the weathering? Hopefully not, but my nose was beat red! All in all, a great day to be riding and beaching.

No comments: