Friday, March 21, 2008

The Honeymoon is over



Ask me how much I wish I were back at this beach! As the wind howls around outside, the sun's warmth is very much subdued. I have plenty of snow and ice left around my house. Who knows what the "windchill factor" is. So I look at my beach pictures, remembering the wonderful warm sand on Honeymoon Island last week. The wind blew there also, but the difference? about 40 degrees!

The bird, a Great Egret. This bird was stealing a fisherman's catch from his five gallon pail, while the fisherman stood in the water waist deep. Very slick thief that Egret. He could not be dissuaded or scared off. Each time the fisherman tried to scare the bird away, the bird would return. Finally the fisherman took his shirt off and spread it across the top of the pail so the bird couldn't get in.

No comments: