Saturday, March 29, 2008

Winter Won't Let Go


We have reached the record snowfall, of I don't know 122"? Yikes! The last time we had this much snow was 19-dark hundred. This morning I awoke to a snow squall that lasted several minutes. I just shake my head at this point. Next week we are slated to have ONE, yes one warm day, before the cold comes back. So next week, for one day we could see a high temp of near 60F.

Meanwhile, I have seen the return of the Red-Winged Blackbird, Killdeer, and Robins. The Robins have flocked to the scarce bare spots on area farmland. As I drive down the road they fly up in front of me, seeming to remind me that Winter IS nearing the end.

Nevertheless, when I see more snowfall, I feel like this guy, the Komodo Dragon. Yet another beautiful creature at the Lowry Park Zoo. He is a massive lizard at least five feet long. Though not really a vicious killer, the bacteria in his mouth is so toxic that his bite could kill you!

No comments: