Friday, May 23, 2008

Grosbeak Heaven


This afternoon while I was working at my computer, I glanced up at my bird feeder occasionally. I thought it neat that a female Downy Woodpecker and a male Grackle came to the feeder, but then..... Several male and female, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, including a male in his first spring colors. Then Evening Grosbeaks, and then to my great surprise, this Blue Grosbeak! I had never seen one before. I always keep the camera at hand, so I snapped this picture. Before I posted it, I had to run it past my birding teacher from Antioch, just to make sure I was right. Meade Cadot confirmed that this bird was an adult male Blue Grosbeak. He also said that Blue Grosbeak will stop at feeders when they first arrive after their migration. I was thrilled.

No comments: