Saturday, December 20, 2008

Meet Evelyn "Evvy" Crabtree


I found this lovely furry friend at the Humane Society, where else?!  She is a "transport dog".  In other words, she was transported to New Hampshire from Virginia with many other beautiful dogs.  Evvy looks to be most Lab, with some hound mixed in.  We're learning about housetraining at the moment  :-(   That is priority number ONE!!!  She has been used to just pee'ing and poo'ing on the floor at the shelter where it's ok.  It's NOT okay here, so needless to say we go out into the frightful weather.....alot!   Evvy keeps me on my toes.

Last night, we got a foot of snow so I was busy this morning, shoveling around vehicles, and raking the roof.  I took Evvy for a long walk into the fields.  She loves to bound, and root in the snow.   She especially likes to pull up cornstalks(what's left of them) and run around.  

The snow is still falling with another foot expected tomorrow.  Meanwhile many people are still suffering through no electricity at their homes.  There are shelters everywhere, with folks reduced to living in the space of a cot among many.  If this continued bad weather is an indication of how winter will be, it's shaping up to be a long cold, and snowy season.  Makes me wish I had a snowmoibile!  If I have to be surrounded by snow, why not have a blast in it?

No comments: