Thursday, December 04, 2008

Heaven Sent Me an Angel



My very first barn mucking customers; Rosie, Angel(the foal), and Betty.  All are Morgan crosses, taller than most Morgans.   All three ladies are likable, and friendly.  Little Angel followed me all around under the watchful eye  of her mother, Rosie.   It's so great to be in the company of horses again.  I love their spirits, and even their fragrance!

It seems to me, my place is definitely around animals of all shapes and sizes.  Back at the Humane Society, my charges this week; two little Bichon Frise, Riley and Sophie, and a rather portly Chocolate Lab named Burdie.  I have somehow come to naturally establish a rapport with any dog that comes through boarding.  Even those that frighten other staff members, take to me, and I'm so thankful for that gift.  It's like me and the furry creatures are tuned in to each other.  I find that unspoken  connection so comforting.

No comments: