Monday, June 01, 2009



There was a hard frost last night.  I covered my garden, but some of the plastic blew off and exposed my spinach.  I'm not sure if it's damaged or not.  Looks okay.

It was a great morning for walking, no bugs!   So Evvy and I headed for Merriam Rd which becomes a logging road into Surry from Walpole.   There is a really neat hunting/get-away camp there.  It really IS the perfect spot.  A lovely brook flows right through the area.  The brook flows into what looks like a natural canal(top photo), and it's deep enough that you could sit in it.   You would have to be a pretty hearty individual though, because it's freezing cold.  Evvy loved it.  I followed the brook down slope for quite a distance, and found, cascade after cascade.  Each little falls as impressive as the first.  At one point the rock flattens out and looks like you could almost slide down.

Yesterday I took a Sunday drive over to Jaffrey, where I couldn't resist Kimball's famous ice cream.  Then I drove some backroads around Mt. Monadncok just as a fierce thunderstorm cut loose.  What fun!  The storm passed quickly, and I got this great shot from the north eastern side(I think).  I found great views all around the mountain even in gray weather.

No comments: